Lamu Island is a place like no other, a peaceful tropical island where life moves at its own tranquil pace.
Visitors will be enchanted by the historical beauty of the island as they make their way through the winding streets of its medieval stone town. The town of Lamu began life as a 14th century Swahili settlement, but the islandís many visitors, including Portuguese explorers, Turkish traders and the Omani Arabs, have left their mark in the architecture and traditions.
Rolling dunes and pristine beaches with endless horizons offer exceptional photographic opportunities, whilst vibrant villages dot the landscape amongst coconut and mango plantations and locals ply their fishing trade on traditional dhows.
Highlights of a Lamu Safari
- Lamu Old Town, a world heritage site
- Miles of beautiful, sandy beaches
- Monuments of the island's rich history
- Exploring the surrounding archipelago on dhow safaris
- Swimming and snorkelling the balmy Indian Ocean waters
- View Kenya Accommodation